Projet porté par ADRIEP
Poverty in Cape Verde is particularly prevalent in rural areas. It affects more than half of the rural population (51%), of which 30% are very poor. Cape Verde’s political stability enables the implementation of programmes to alleviate poverty. However, Cape Verdean youth are faced with numerous problems that the State alone cannot solve. Moreover, 40% of the population of Cape Verde is under the age of 14.
ADRIEP contributes to the efforts of the State in improving the standard of living and the quality of education received by the youth of the city of Praia.
- Improved training level provided in the centre
- Offering sports and social activities with adapted equipment
- Improved environment for the development of young people in the community
- Organisation of local sports competitions
- Musical and cultural activities for members of the centre and of the community,
- Social support for children,
- Training of local educators
- 300 children will receive quality training at the centre
- 10 educators trained and able to share their know-how within the community, including 2 women