Call for projects with Yunus Sport Hub and Danone Nations Cup
The Yunus Sports Hub and the Danone Nations Cup are launching a call for application for organisations using football as a way to tackle poverty and/or gender inequality, to support them in building a self-sustainable social business model so that they can be less dependent on donations.
Through this partnership, the two entities aim to transform sport for development into a social-business driven sector.
3 laureates will be selected by a Jury composed of Professor Muhammad Yunus, and football legends Ada Hegerberg and Raphaël Varane. The best project will get financial support and accompaniment.
- Geographical coverage: worldwide
- Beneficiaries: football NGO
- Sport: football
- SDGs: No poverty, Gender equality
- Type of support: 10 k€ financial support from DNC and a 6 months accompaniment by the Yunus Sports Hub
- Selection method: open application
Examples of existing projects
- Kick4Life: a charity and a social enterprise, investing incomes generated by their activities to change the lives and long-term prospects of vulnerable young people in Lesotho through football.
- Alive and Kicking: a social enterprise in Africa which makes and sells footballs and other sports balls to create fairly paid jobs, increase access to sport and improve awareness of preventable diseases
- Street Soccer USA: a social enterprise with revenue-generating leagues and tournaments that leverage private donors and corporate responsibility donations to fund programs improving the future of youth and young adults.
Missed out on registering your application before the deadline for submission? Create an account so you don’t miss any other funding solutions on Sport en Commun.
The Danone Nations Cup is the world’s biggest football competition for kids from 10 to 12 years old, with over 2 million players on a yearly basis. Beyond an international tournament, the Danone Nations Cup is a lifetime experience, transforming players into world citizens and promoting: water access, a healthy lifestyle, inclusion and diversity as well as a responsible event.