A project managed by Association Denro
Gaining access to education is a major challenge in Burkina Faso; in 2015, some 30% of children of primary school age did not attend school. Association Denro launched its “Boomerang par le sport” (Bouncing Back through Sport) project in 2015, opening a mixed school offering sport and education in Koudougou. Its objective is to promote children’s education and personal development through participation in the sport they love – football.
Some 240 children, 50% of them girls, from predominantly disadvantaged areas are enrolled at nursery and primary levels. The school is the first in Burkina Faso to offer football training to girls from 4 years of age.
To support its growth and pursue its commitment to girls’ participation in football, the school now wants to modernise its sports facilities and offer introductory football sessions for girls from other schools in Koudougou.
- Promote access to quality education by combining football and education
- Instil the principles of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls from early childhood in order to change attitudes
- Promote girls’ participation in football by organising joint activities with other schools in Koudougou
- Strengthen social cohesion and reduce social inequality by bringing children from different social classes together
- Provide physical education classes in the best possible conditions
- Twice weekly football sessions for all students
- Providing introductory football courses for girls from other schools in Koudougou and organising a girls’ school football tournament
- Creation of a girls’ team in the school football club
- Improving the quality of the school’s sports equipment and facilities
- Plan to open middle and high schools
Find out more about Association Denro’s activities
- Ultimately, over 600 children will attend the sport and educational centre in Koudougou, from nursery level to high school
- Over 600 girls introduced to playing football
- Over 200 children from disadvantaged backgrounds participate in the school football club
- Incorporation of a girls’ football team into the football club
- Total project cost (in 2019): approximately €26,300
- Project supported in 2019 by the Agence Française de Développement and the European Guild
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !