Project supported by Martisans Sport and Cultural Foundation
In Ghana, young boys and girls though live in the city, lack access to consistent and structured sports training sessions. As a result, most of these children are not physically fit and this certainly has a negative effect on their mental prowess and academic life. Young people, especially girls lack confidence and are exposed to drop school before their adult age. According to the UNICEF survey (2020), 1 104 800 pupils do not complete upper secondary education.
Thus, through this project, Martisans Sport and Cultural Foundation intends to empower youth through sports training sessions, and enhance girls’ level of confidence so that they can stand up for their rights. This program will further train community coaches within these communities to continue with the project by giving guidance to youth according to the MSCF sports training manual that will be given to the coaches to assist them in continuing the project on their own with little or no supervision from MSCF.
- Improve young people health by providing free, structured, and consistent after-school sports training and leadership seminars to the youth
- Empower youth for a bright future by enhancing their leadership skills, health and sportive talents
- Create a platform for the community youth to excel through sports
- Participate to the decrease of cardiovascular and other non-communicable diseases
- Provision of free consistent and structured after-school sports and physical activity training sessions
- Provision of free leadership training seminars for the youth
- Youth education/counselling sessions to promote the importance of education
- Training of local coaches for the viability of the project in the future
- 500 young girls and boys are directly benefiting of the programme
- Young people will enhance their health and wellbeing by prevention of cardiovascular and other non-communicable diseases
- Young girls will be empowered and reinserted to the educational system