The next Global Sports Week will be held between February 1st and 5th 2021, with events taking place in Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, Milan, Dakar, Los Angeles and online.
Young Sports Makers will be recruited from around the world, with a mission to shape debates and challenge top leaders in person or through virtual events depending on their location.
Those selected will be placed centre-stage during Global Sports Week. They will benefit from an unrivalled platform to raise their voice and make an impact, with direct access to leading figures from sport, business, media, entertainment and society.
This year, considering the current situation, only Young Sports Makers living in or near one of the six hub cities will be able to attend the event physically; the others will be able to participate through the Global Sports Week digital platform.
To compensate for travel restrictions, the package will include a year-round programme of online networking and development activities supported by Global Sports Week partners.
The new group of Young Sports Makers will join a prestigious international network of emerging talents – athletes, social entrepreneurs, students and young professionals – from across the global sports community.
- Be aged between 18 and 25 years old on 1 January 2021
- Be involved in sport as an athlete, coach, organiser, student, volunteer business professional, entrepreneur or activist
- Be passionate about sport’s future and its potential to contribute to a better future for the world
- Be ideally based in or near one of the six hub cities (Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, Dakar, Milan and Los Angeles) in order to limit travel in light of current restrictions. Young people outside these cities are also welcome to apply to participate digitally in the programme.
- Opening of the call for applications: 24th september 2020
- Closing of the call for applications: 18th october 2020
- Application submission: online application form to be completed with a short video-statement
- Results announcement: mid-november 2020