A project managed by Tackle Africa
The COVID-19 pandemic had severally impacted young people in Ivory Coast with a significant increase in global youth unemployment rate. c.38% of businesses had to cease operations (2.4% permanently and 35.3% temporarily).
All these issues have a non-negligeable impact on youth mental health and the existing stigma around HIV and SRHR prevent them to access the relevant support services.
- Increase the psychosocial and clinical support to young high-risk key populations (YKP)
- Increase the support peer networks of YKP
- Increase understanding and recognition of self-stigma and wider wellbeing issues
- Advocate for a wider provision of mental health services for YKP and push for evidence-based integration of mental health into services provided within health facilities
- Mental health first aid training and curriculum design
- Football training and tournament
- Football sessions with pitch-side counselling
- Mental health & YKP workshops
- 225 beneficiaries, notably high-risk YKP affected by HIV/SRHR issues
- Increased knowledge and awareness of mental health issue
- Improve attitudes and change behaviors