An initiative by Ian Mahinmi
In its Programme of Action for 2016–2021, the Government of Benin has made sport a key human development tool for addressing social inclusion and supporting young people in their schooling and professional aspirations.
The I AM Foundation’s basketball camps programme was designed in close collaboration with the Beninese Basketball Federation. It aims to offer young people the chance to progress in their sports practice, assert leadership and articulate their ambitions.
- Introduce young people to the basics of basketball and promote the practice of the sport
- Develop the autonomy, perseverance, discipline and teamwork of future young leaders
- Further inspire young people to achieve their goals and demonstrate leadership
- Holding regular basketball camps and coaching young people on three modules: defence, attack and shooting
- Fundraising and organising community give-back events
- Training coaches in partnership with the Beninese Basketball Federation and various NBA athletes
- Providing sports equipment and awarding scholarships
Learn more about the work carried out by the I AM Foundation in Benin
- Around 210 boys and girls aged 13 to 17 took part in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 camps in Benin
- Three young players have benefited from scholarships to continue their careers in France and the United States
- Several young players have been selected for the NBA’s Basket Without Borders camps, which bring together Africa’s best young talent
- Project supported by Ian Mahinmi through his foundation
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !