Project supported by Diambars FC
Located on the small coast south of Dakar, Saly Commune is one of the most popular tourist area in Senegal. In sporting terms, it is home for two major sports institutions, which are Diambars Institute, with more than a hundred boarders, and the NBA Africa Academy with its 24 boarders from 8 African countries. There, however is no organisation specifically dedicated to sports medicine. The local (public and private) health facilities’ field of intervention is limited to the treatment of pathologies other than the ones in connection with sports medicine. They are mainly for emergencies and medical evacuations.
Aware of the need to deal with traumas in relation to sport and with diseases requiring physiotherapeutic care in the area and across Senegal at large, Diambars FC gives the priority to the building of a specialised health facility in the course of 2021.The centre shall implement an efficient strategy for the treatment of sporting injuries with an effective health care system, a plan for preventing sporting injuries and an awareness raising plan for preventing recurrent chronic diseases in Saly Commune.
- Providing health care and re-education to people living with a physical trauma associated with sport
- Carrying out medical examinations with athletes and healing injuries and diseases requiring physiotherapeutic care
- Bringing together medical, paramedical and sporting expertise into the same place, for global patient care
- Sensitising and facilitating access health care to the Saly population
- Implementing a plan for preventing traumas associated with the practice of a physical activity
- Assisting and supervising the boarders’ healthy lifestyle
- Accompanying performance with physical and mental preparation, reathletisation and breath catching
- Sensitisation on recurrent chronic disease prevention measures in Saly Commune and in Senegal at large
- Recruiting and training quality medical staff in sufficient numbers
- 260 patients expected per month, representing a population of 3,120 patients a year
- 13 consultations per day for 20 business days a month of at least 5 Diambars Academy boarders
- Care for the victims of traffic accidents, people living with such chronic diseases as diabetes, CVAs, etc.