A project managed by Peace and Sport
With 12 years of expertise in the field, Peace and Sport has designed and developed a methodology to disseminate and transmit values of peace, inclusion and equality through sport. In 2019, Peace and Sport is collaborating with MyCoach to create the “Peace and Sport by MyCoach” mobile application, which brings together all the sports sessions developed on a digital tool that can be accessed anywhere in the world.
Through a bottom-up approach, the “Peacemakers Project” will provide a response to various social issues. It will rely on the application developed by Peace and Sport in partnership with MyCoach and on the expertise of the selected organisations: Terres-en-Mêlées, COP-Colombia, Fundación ADA, TIBU-Maroc, the National Olympic Committee of Burundi, All Black Hong-Kong, Naandi Foundation, APJS, AKWOS and RFI Clubs.
In order to best meet their needs, Peace and Sport will accompany them in the coming months, from the training of peace facilitators to the evaluation of the impact in relation to the realities on the ground.
The “Peace and Sport Methodology” is an innovative approach to build a culture of peace through sport and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
SDG 4 – Quality Education
The Peace and Sport Methodology is built to support educators and teachers in transmitting personal qualities through sport.
SDG 5 – Gender Equality
All of the proposed exercises are mixed in order to increase the participation of women in sports activities and thus participate in female emancipation.
SDG 16 – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Supported by reference organisations such as UNESCO, governments and Olympic communities, this approach contributes to the creation of peaceful communities.
SDG 17 – Partnering for the Goals
Through this programme, Peace and Sport partners with organisations to extend the impact and reach of its Methodology to spread positive values through sport.
- Training seminars for educators/teachers in the Peace and Sport Methodology
- Weekly sports sessions
- Support in terms of sports equipment
- Provision of a common digital tool: the mobile application “Peace and Sport by MyCoach
- Monitoring and evaluation
Organisations involved in this project
- Terres en Mêlées (Burkina Faso)
- APJS (Mali)
- ALL BLACKS FC (Hong Kong)
- AKWOS (Rwanda)
- Tibu Maroc (Morocco)
- Club RFI (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- COP Colombia (Colombia)
- CNO Burundi (Burundi)
- Naandi (India)
- Fundacion ADA (Colombia)
- More than 2000 children benefited from these sports sessions in all programmes
- On each programme: 20 educators/teachers trained in the Methodology; spread over 20 schools; approximately 300 children participating each week
- Mixed sports sessions
- Private partner
- Public funds per country
Funding requirement for the continuation of the project 2021-2022 :
90,000€/year per partner NGO for:
- Equipment and materials
- Training and provision of educational tools
- Beneficiaries’ gathering events
- Strategic steering and project coordination
- Impact measurement
Possibility to support a specific programme – on a territory