Every year the UEFA Foundation launches a call for projects to identify socio-educational and sports programmes for children worldwide. The initiative strengthens the Foundation’s activities, especially when it comes to promoting employment through sport, assistance for victims of conflict, and support for programmes using sport – particularly football – for development in the areas of health, education, personal development and the integration of minorities. The Goal is to promote the foundamental right of children through the world.
- Geographical coverage: worldwide
- Beneficiaries: associations and foundations
- Target segments: micro and medium-sized projects
- Type of funding: grants, donations
- Award amount: €100,000 on average
- UEFA Foundation’s budget: approximately €4.8m in the 2019/2020 financial year
- Selection method: call for projects with selection by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- Must be a legally registered non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Pursues a charitable or philanthropic goal
- Must not have any religious or political objective
- Complies with the principles set out in the Foundation’s Ethics Code (available in English and French)
- Does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other attribute
- Proposes an activity in line with the Foundation’s principles and goals, particularly development through sport (including employment, health, education, reduced inequalities and peace-building)
Specific conditions relating to funding are provided in the project criteria_Call 2021.
To submit your project, click here. The application deadline is 15th August 2021 midnight.
Candidates will be notified of the progress of their application by the end of 2021.
Example of projects supported
- African Black’n Blue for access to education through football(Find out more about this project)
- Right to Play : Protect, educate and empowering young people facing adversity (Find out more about this project)
- Libre Vue : blind football for development (Find out more about this project)
Find the list of laureates from the previous session by clicking here.