The 8-month programme is set to start in February 2022 and will aim to support laureates in the implementation of their entrepreneurship projects contributing to the achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in France and in Africa.
An Incubation programme dedicated to elite athletes
- Face-to-face training workshops alongside athlete-entrepreneurs
- Sessions with leading senior experts
- Individual mentoring sessions
- Collective intelligence sessions
- Access to a range of online resources
- Incubation for projects in France is carried out by the Ticket For Change association
- Incubation for projects in Africa is carried out by the Yunus Sports Hub (+ local incubators)
Elite athletes will be chosen according to their motivation, to the level of maturity of their idea or project, and to the entrepreneurship solution identified to address a local social and/or environmental issue.
This programme is fully open to athletes with a disability.
- Eligible countries: France and African countries
- Beneficiaries: elite athletes (active or undergoing retraining)
- Main theme: social and environmental entrepreneurship
- Services: incubation – acceleration
- Selection process: application – interview – selection
- Deadline for applications: December 3, 2021 (Click here to apply)
- Incubation period: 8 months from February to October 2022
Photo credit : @Paris2024
The Agence Française de Développement (AFD) is a public body at the heart of the French development assistance apparatus. It works towards poverty reduction and promotes development in the Global South. Sport is now a key component of its social cohesion strategy.