Established by the ITTF Foundation, The TT Dream Building programme supports and executes inclusive, sustainable field projects using table tennis at the service of development and peace.
The Dream Building Fund, as part of the TT Dream Building programme, provides financial and knowledge support to changemakers, who wish to use table tennis as a tool to solve problems within local communities.
Since 2018, the fund has supported 11 projects across five continents. For this new round 5 projects will be funded by the ITTF Foundation and the GSD. Each project should last for two to three years.
- Geographical coverage: worldwide
- Beneficiaries: non-profit, table tennis, sport, or social organisation
- Theme: table tennis and SDGs
- Target segments: microprojects
- Type of support: €10,000 – €35,000 financial support
- Selection method: open application
Example of existing projects
- EduDrive Table Tennis (Kweikuma and Ofankor Community, Ghana): promote, educate and encourage school attendance among children who are at risk of dropping out in poor/slum communities, and motivate those who have dropped out to re-enroll
- Slum Ping Pong (Kampala, Uganda): use table tennis as a tool to provide access to education for young people in slums, reaching 100 new children and integrating them into schools, and presenting them with greater life opportunities.
- Talent4Development (Mathare, Kenya): Integrate and develop opportunities for children in slums through table tennis, coaching, and school education.
Want to find out more and be put in direct contact with ITTF Foundation?
Log into your account and contact the Sport en Commun teams to obtain individual support for implementing your project.
Established in 2018, The ITTF Foundation is the non-profit organisation of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF). The Foundation uses table tennis as a tool for development and peace by connecting people all over the world, implementing or supporting projects on the field, and empowering them to serve as models, making table tennis popular, universal and inclusive.
The Foundation for Global Sports Development
The Foundation for Global Sports Development (GSD) since 1996, delivers and supports initiatives that promote fair play, education, and the benefits of abuse-free sport for youth. GSD's vision is to leverage the power of sport to enrich lives and to make the world a better place.