Created in 1967, the NGO La Guilde Européenne du Raid (the European Guild) is recognised as working in the public interest. It implements different programmes aimed at encouraging young people to engage in and undertake international field work.
Main programmes developed by the European Guild
– Adventure and Maritime Adventure Grants, encouraging people to seek new challenges and discover the world
– Volunteer programme, which has more than 700 volunteers around the world
– Microprojects Agency, providing support and funding for field projects carried out by small French associations and their local partners
– Development aid, which includes an ambitious electronic waste (e-waste) recycling programme in sub-Saharan Africa
– Sport & Development programme, an initiative created by the (AFD) and managed by the European Guild
About the Sport & Development programme
The Sport & Development programme promotes the practice of sport as a vehicle for development and peace by providing support and funding for microprojects based mainly in Africa. It also provides support and funding for sport for development microprojects in Africa and Haiti.
Find out more about the Sport & Development programme managed by the European Guild
Partnership with the Sport en Commun platform
The European Guild brings its sport and development expertise to the Sport en Commun (Sport in Common) platform, mobilising its teams to:
– Manage calls for microprojects via the Sport en Commun platform
– Share content and experiences relating to winning projects
– Provide technical assistance during the online development of the platform
PROJECTS SUPPORTED BY THE EUROPEAN GUILD