A space for co-creation, sharing and support, the Playlab aims to develop an environment that fosters social innovation through sport. Based in Dakar, the regional Playlab incubator for West Africa has launched a call for participation for West African civil society organisations. It will support five innovative projects that use sport as a driving force for education and social inclusion.
- Geographical coverage: West Africa
- Beneficiaries: civil society organisations
- Themes: sport, education and reduced inequalities
- Type of support: 12 months of incubation
- Must be a civil society organisation (such as non-governmental organisations (NGOs), associations, clubs, sports federations, Olympic committees, local community organisations, public and private foundations, economic interest groups, trade unions and cooperatives)
- Must carry out activities that promote children’s active education and foster the inclusion of the most vulnerable or marginalised groups of children, such as by combating gender inequality, discrimination in the community and the exclusion of children with disabilities
- Must be a French-speaking organisation that carries out its activities in one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo
- Must be able to mobilise two French speakers to participate actively throughout the one-year support programme and to take part in the intensive training boot camps that will be held in Dakar (expenses will be covered)
Consult the comprehensive evaluation criteria grid (available in French) for the call for participation in the Playlab regional incubator in West Africa.
- Group support sessions in the form of two boot camps in Dakar (intensive training weeks)
- Individual support sessions (participative training, workshops, monitoring, mentoring) over 12 months
- Provision of sports and teaching materials
- Network development via meetings and networking events
Do you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply? Log into your account and contact the Sport en Commun teams to receive individual support and maximise your chances of submitting a successful application to the Playlab incubator call for participation.