The FIFA Foundation’s Community Program is committed to supporting innovative local projects that use the power of soccer to foster a positive impact in disadvantaged communities around the world.
The main objective of this program is to help disadvantaged children and young people around the world, while strengthening soccer’s ability to address the most pressing social issues facing vulnerable populations in diverse communities.
In particular, initiatives submitted under this call for projects must promote a number of themes, including health, well-being, education, gender equality, the fight against poverty and inequality, etc.
- Eligible countries: worldwide
- Beneficiaries: non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Themes: health, education, gender equality, the fight against poverty and inequality, peace and justice
- Type of funding: grant
- Type of support: maximum funding of USD 30,000
- Selection process: call for applications
- Application deadline: September 15, 2023
Project owner eligibility criteria
- Be a legal entity duly registered in the commercial register and have non-governmental status (NGO, charity, etc.) in the country where the activities are carried out.
- Be committed to transparent practices
- Be direct implementers of proposed activities that use soccer to address social issues and provide development opportunities for vulnerable people
- Submit proposals that include activities that take place on a regular basis
- Be financially viable and have a long-term approach
- Be politically and religiously independent and not-for-profit
- Have a child protection policy
- Have no affiliation with companies that compete with FIFA’s commercial affiliates
- Not discriminate in any way (social, ethnic, religious, financial, sexual, etc.)