The IOC Young Leaders Programme is an initiative for social entrepreneurship through sport supported by the International Olympic Committee in collaboration with its official partner, Panasonic.
Applicants for the IOC Young Leaders Programme can submit a project that uses sport to create a better world in their local communities. The best projects benefit from seed funding of up to 5,000 Swiss francs (CHF).
Since the programme’s creation in 2016, more than 100 projects have been funded –covering themes as diverse as health and well-being, peace and social inclusion, the environment, and education – and have impacted the lives of almost 25,000 people around the world.
- Geographical coverage: worldwide
- Beneficiaries: project managers aged 18 to 25
- Target segment: microprojects
- Type of funding: grants
- Award amount per project: up to CHF 5,000
- Selection method: call for projects with selection by a special commission of the International Olympic Committee
- Must be pre-selected by a National Olympic Committee (NOC), be a member of the European Non-Governmental Sports Organisation (ENGSO) or be registered for the International Olympic Academy (IOA) Young Participants Session
- Must be aged between 18 and 25
- Must be the manager of a social entrepreneurship project that uses sport to promote active and healthy lifestyles, sustainable development, social inclusion and peace in their local communities
Example of a supported project
Do you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply?
Log into your account and contact the Sport en Commun teams to obtain individual support and maximise your chances of submitting a successful application to the IOC Young Leaders Programme.