A project managed by the Government of Senegal
After the Senegalese basketball team’s victory in the 2015 Women’s Afrobasket, President Macky Sall ordered the construction of new multisport facilities around Senegal.
This political initiative resulted in the Dakar Arena complex, which forms part of the Emerging Senegal Plan (PSE) and is located in the heart of the new urban centre of Diamniadio, some 30 kilometres from the capital, Dakar.
A modern, innovative facility built to international standards, the complex enhances the attractiveness of the new city and makes it a preferred destination for athletes.
- Participate in the economic and sporting development of Senegal in line with the objectives of the PSE
- Make participation in sport more broadly accessible in Senegal
- Contribute to the development of the new urban centre of Diamniadio
- Host several major competitions in the 2026 Youth Olympic Games
- Hold other major international events (e.g. Basketball Africa League)
- Develop a strong legacy component to ensure the sustainability of facilities that benefit the local communities
- State-of-the-art multisport complex with a 15,000-seat capacity
- Facilities that meet international standards for high-level sport and the needs of amateur athletes of all ages
- Main sports accommodated: basketball, tennis, boxing, Senegalese wrestling, etc.
Video presentation of the Dakar Arena sports complex, in French (source : RTS1 Sénégal)
- A facility built in the context of a sustainable city to the benefit of school and professional sports ecosystems
- Positions Senegal as a sports and events hub beyond the 2026 Youth Olympic Games
- Direct and indirect jobs created in the management and maintenance of the site
- Project cost: approximately €100 million
- Public-private partnership (PPP) involving the Government of Senegal and the Turkish company SUMMA
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !