A project managed by TIBU Maroc
TIBU Maroc places great emphasis on minorities, particularly women and girls, in its programmes and activities. It is through sport that the NGO encourages their education, social and professional integration. With the support of Jibal (a partner company specializing in the production of dairy products), the idea of the Mama Fit programme arose from the observation that sport is an activity mainly reserved for men in the neighbourhoods.
TIBU Maroc promotes the development of women and wishes, through the deployment of this program, to pay tribute to Moroccan women active in the society.
- Facilitate and increase women’s sport through the regular practice of sport by women inneighbourhoods
- Promote gender equality in the practice and representation of sport in Morocco
- Develop the physical and social skills of women aged between 25 and 50
- Promote the empowerment of women and girls in all disciplines in Morocco
- Support through the practice of sport in making good decisions on a daily basis
- Personal development and physical activity through multidisciplinary workshops
- Organisation of training sessions led by professional coaches and women athletes three times a week
- Extension of the programme to participants’ children who will be able to take part in fun activities
- Support of 100 women aged between 25 and 50 from neighbourhoods
- 600 targeted participants in the programme
- 75% attendance rate per session of beneficiaries
- 80% positive feedback from focus groups to beneficiaries
- 80% positive feedback from focus groups with family members of beneficiaries
The total budget for the project is estimated to c.€25,000 (mainly development costs of the programme, personnel costs, etc).